Summary: Come make friends with our staff and our great guests at Homestead Kitchen & Tap while earning money in the process! We provide a fun and fast paced atmosphere. Apply now!
- Two or more years of waitstaff experience preferred
- Exude a friendly, guest focused attitude with active listening skills and a strong attention to details
- Ability to remain poised under demanding, fast paced conditions exuding a steady and calm demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change or requests
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices for self and team
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, and walking
- Ability to operate a grill, oven, dishwasher, fryer, washer, dryer, and other kitchen equipment
Work Relationships: Supervised by the General Manager. Works closely and maintains communication with the cooks, bartenders and waitstaff.
Responsibilities: Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide an enjoyable and relaxing experience to guests
- Be ready for guests by being prompt for shift, in uniform, prepare workstation and restaurant floor
- Awareness of full kitchen and tap offerings to explain and sell food and beverage; in some cases, upsell to drive up the average ticket sale
- Assist the kitchen staff with food preparation, some examples include: beverage service, soups, salads, desserts
- Greet all guests and take orders promptly; keep guests tickets organized
- Enter items into point-of-sale system accurately to convey correct food and beverage order
- Converse with guests and always be welcoming
- Keep work area clean and well stocked
- Transport all food and beverage to guests’ tables, check in several times to ensure they are getting what they need during their dining experience
- Sincerely thank all guests for their visit
- Assist entire staff with prep, cleaning during shift, cleaning after close
- Present food and beverages in an appetizing manner and present self in a professional and clean fashion
- Provide guests with accurate bills, collect money and make change in a timely fashion
- Create a positive work experience by collaborating with all coworkers
- Maintain highest level of honesty and ethics in keeping with the Ebert Family values
- Ability to speak and handle questions in a professional manner telling the story between all Ebert businesses
Work Schedule: A waitstaff position is a part time-weekend specific position. The positions hours will vary. Hours will include nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability and willingness to prep and clean both before and after customer hours is required.