The Lead Cook position is a full-time position in which the individual provides quality food and leads a kitchen staff to offer guests of Homestead Kitchen & Tap a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience.
- Two or more years required of managing a kitchen and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally with staff and externally with guests
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes
- Exude a friendly, guest focused attitude with active listening skills and a strong attention to details
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and lead a small team; lead by example showing dedication to the job
- Ability to remain poised under demanding, fast paced conditions exuding a steady and calm demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change or requests
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices for self and team
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot point of sale system
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking
- Ability to operate a grill, oven, dishwasher, fryer, washer, dryer and other kitchen equipment
Supervised by the General Manager and leads the kitchen staff.
Responsibilities: Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Produce excellent food, making this an enjoyable and relaxing restaurant venue in Kewaunee County
- Provide full oversight of training, and management of the kitchen, to the staff and backup lead cook
- Assist with menu development and future changes to keep fresh and relevant
- Collaborate with general manager to achieve food cost goals and budget expectations
- Maintain inventory, work with vendors, and provide highest standards of food safety
- Effectively use point of sale system and train team
- Provide highest level of cleanliness in kitchen, prep, and storage areas; oversee daily cleaning protocols
- Keep all equipment clean and operating efficiently, able to trouble shoot when needed
- Develop protocols for staff to assist with food preparation, cleaning, and safe working environment
- Present food in an appetizing and clean manner and present self in a professional and clean fashion
- Complete orders timely, efficiently, and accurately
- Create a positive work experience of collaboration and leadership with staff in an easy-going manner
- Maintain highest level of honesty and ethics in keeping with the Ebert Family values
- Ability to speak and handle questions in a professional manner telling the story between all Ebert businesses
A Lead Cook position is assigned around 48 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability and willingness to prep and clean both before and after guest hours is required.