The cook position is a full-time role in which the individual provides quality food to offer guests a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience. Homestead Kitchen & Tap is excited to have quality people join our team as the newest Kewaunee County restaurant!
- Two or more years required of cooking experience
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes
- Exude a friendly, guest focused attitude with active listening skills and a strong attention to details
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and assist a small team; lead by example showing dedication to the job
- Ability to remain poised under demanding, fast paced conditions exuding a steady and calm demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes or requests
- Awareness of your work environment to ensure safe work practices for self and team
- Ability to operate a point of sale system
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and walking
- Ability to operate a grill, oven, dishwasher, fryer, washer, dryer and other kitchen equipment
Supervised by the general manager or lead cook. Works closely and maintains communication with the waitstaff and bartenders.
Responsibilities: Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Produce excellent food, making this an enjoyable and relaxing restaurant venue in Kewaunee County
- Effectively use the point of sale system
- Provide highest level of cleanliness in kitchen, prep, and storage areas; oversee daily cleaning protocols
- Keep all equipment clean and operating efficiently, able to trouble shoot when needed
- Maintain optimum freshness in the kitchen by rotating product
- Present food in an appetizing and clean manner and present self in a professional and clean fashion
- Complete guest orders timely, efficiently, and accurately
- Create a positive work experience of collaboration with staff in an easy-going manner
- Maintain highest level of honesty and ethics in keeping with the Ebert Family values
- Ability to speak and handle questions in a professional manner telling the story between all Ebert businesses
A cook position is assigned around 45 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability and willingness to prep and clean both before and after guest hours is required.